Huge thank you to Coach Lindsey
Name: Kristin Colombin
AOTM: May 2019
Member of Ideal Crossfit since May 2018 (Celebrating my 1 year anniversary this month)
- Tell us about yourself! I have been married for 16 years this June to my high school sweetheart Brady Colombin (also is a member at Ideal). We have three daughters: Natalie 12, Kate 9, and Ellie 7. We live in Broken Arrow.
- What do you do for a job?I am teacher. I have taught for several years in several different districts and taught students ranging from pre-k to high school. I am currently teaching at Oneta Ridge Middle School in Broken Arrow.
- Tell us what you like to do. I enjoy spending time outdoors with my family. We like to go hiking, biking, and taking our two puppies for walks. I enjoy playing with my girls and watching them in their activities.
- What did you do for working out before CrossFit and what brought you to Ideal CrossFit? Before coming to Ideal, I worked out at a few different places, I’ve done home workout videos, ran several 5ks, and 10ks. I have ran a half and full marathon as well. I was looking for a place where I could get more one on one attention and have a variety of different workouts. My brother in law, Mike Flanary (also a member at Ideal) always talked about crossfit. He told me about Ideal. So I decided to give it a try as long as my sister would come with me.
- What was your first impression? How has it changed?
I had a wonderful first impression of Ideal Crossfit. Daryl went over all the basic movements and he was very knowledgeable of how the body moves and strengthens. I went through a short program with Daryl and during that time he made sure my movements and form were correct. He coached me at my fitness level and showed me how to make myself better through fitness and diet. I absolutely love the environment, culture, and supportive nature of Ideal and of its members. I try to workout everyday that Ideal is open because the coaches and members are truly amazing and I can’t get enough of it! I’m hooked!!!!
- What are some accomplishments you are proud of? This last January, I set some goals for myself. 1. I want be able to do strict pull-ups. 2. I want to learn how to do double-unders. 3. I want to learn how to climb a rope. I have successfully accomplished rope climbing and double-unders within the last couple of months. I am still working on my strict pull ups but I get better everyday. Its really been fun sharing these goals with our members at Ideal because they share the same enthusiasm and excitement with you as you accomplish these goals.
- What are your goals at this time?
I will continue to work on mastering my strict pull ups and start to work on my overhead squats. If you have ever seen me try these, you know I have a lot of work to do but I will get it!!!Thank you to all the members of Ideal and a huge thank you to Coach Lindsey and Coach Daryl for your time and dedcation to making others better.